Sunday, August 31, 2014

Only 2 days left!

August 31 – Happy Birthday Jared!

After breakfast we headed out to clean the RV.  We didn’t go to work until 5 so we hoped the weather would support our need to wash the roof and then sides of the RV.  Bill, not being a roof guy was my “guy on the ground”.  There were so many pine needles on the slide toppers!  They were compacted and using the broom to get them off was a challenge.  Then I wet it down and scrubbed with the brush but it needs some special cleaner for the stains.  I did what I could as I didn’t feel like hand scrubbing it all this morning.  I hosed it off again and then Bill washed the outside. 

After a good rest and lots of liquids I cleaned my floors and Bill dusted ALL of the wood inside the RV.  That’s a lot.  I did one load of laundry but waited to put it in the dryer until time to go to work.  As long as the weather holds out for us tomorrow we should be packed up and ready to head out on Tuesday.

I baked a meatloaf and made Waldorf salad and instant Mashed sweet potatoes and took them to work with us.  We didn’t want to eat at 4:30.  Bill really didn’t have much to do and I was steady with people signing up for the holiday weekend next year and ringing up sales.  It started raining about 7:30 and that brought more people in to play pool and the games.  It let up by the time we left at 9 so we didn’t get drenched on the way home. 


We shared the last of the peach crisp and mostly read.

No comments:

Post a Comment