Sunday, August 17, 2014

2 days rolled into one

August 17 – Other than Bill went to get a newspaper we didn’t leave the campground today.  We worked at 2 today.  I changed 2 light bulbs that I was having trouble getting the covers off in the living area.  Then I did laundry and read until time to make lunch.

Work was slow and Sundays are always boring as everyone leaves before we get there.  I got to read and did some computer researching.  After dinner we took a mile walk.

A man and his mower
August 18 – Bill was anxious to get back to the berry patch today so after breakfast we made a
Picking peaches
stop at the post office to pick up Bill’s books I ordered and then headed to Buell’s Orchard.  We picked a bucket, about 7 pounds, of blueberries but it wasn’t nearly like before.  The bushes were pretty much naked on the tops but down at the bottom where no one would bend over were still lots of berries.  Then we stopped at the peach trees and picked a peck of those.  If there hadn’t been people around I might have snuck out a couple of patty pan squash. 

I only had room for 1 quart bag of berries in the freezer and made a berry crisp again.  So we’re eating a lot of berries!!!  I left the peaches to sit out and ripen a bit more.  Can’t freeze them so I guess I can make fruit salad!

I was on my own most of the day as Pam was doing the accounting stuff and Steve was in and out.  I had to do all the floors.  Ugh!  You have to dust mop then wet mop.  I do one step at a time as it kills my left shoulder and back.  I had a couple of reservations and did more research for our trip home.


We had leftovers for an easy dinner and a nice mile long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment