Friday, August 29, 2014

Work as usual and dinner with friends!

August 29 – Not quite as boring as yesterday.  We left right after breakfast to run errands since we were due in at 11 today.  We stopped at the post office thinking Bill had one more book to pick up but there was none.  I checked at home and he had already gotten the last one so all was good.  We went to Dayville  and he dropped me at Bed, Bath and Beyond to get Coconut Mocha coffee (my new favorite) and to look at new shower caddies while he went to the Shell station for 2 jugs of DEF (some kind of diesel fluid we needed in the RV).  He got what he went for and I got what I went for and we sat for a few minutes so I could make a couple of phone calls.  We left my Aunt Janet know where we will be camping near them when we get to Ohio and I made a DR. appointment for when I get home.

On the way home we stopped at a roadside stand for fresh picked tomatoes.  While I packed us a bit of lunch to take to work Bill put the fluid in and cleaned some things out of the car.  Sunday if the weather co-operates I will sweep and wash the roof.  It is probably a mess being under the trees and we hear stuff hitting it all the time.

We overlapped for 2 hours today with Ron and Barbara.  Worked out well because the guys parked the 12-15 rigs that came in and we did the check ins and sold wood.  Once they left it was still steady but when we left at 4 there were still 22 rigs left to come in. 

I made a peach crisp to have for dessert after we got back from dinner with Ron and Barbara.  We picked them up at 6 and ended up eating at Grill 37 in Pomfret.  The food was very good but we had some problems.  My coconut mojito was either too sweet or had no alcohol, my vegetable was supposed to be spinach but was mixed veggies, Ron’s appetizer didn’t come out until it was time for the rest of us to have our meals, we had to ask for silverware and water refills, and we had 2 servers and they didn’t communicate.  BUT, the food we did get was very good.  Barbara was interested in the coconut fish dinner but wanted it as chicken.  She asked the waitress and she came back and said yes, the chef could do that.  So that’s what she ordered and I followed suit!  Bill and I had some leftovers to bring home.


We invited them to come in for dessert but Ron isn’t a peach person so Barbara asked us to save her some for tomorrow.   Bill and I had our dessert and watched some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment