Sunday, August 10, 2014

Flea Market and trip to town

August 10 – We started the new 2 couple schedule today.  We are off today and tomorrow and then work 5.  The days aren’t long so it should be fine.

I had read about a big flea market about 18 miles from us and the weather looks good so we headed out around 10:00.   It’s held at a drive-in movie theater.  There were a lot of cars when we arrived so that was a good sign.  It didn’t look super big, but as we got to the back end there was an opening with trees on each side so we thought it had a few more stall along the opening.  Well, there were but on the other side of the opening was another field of stalls and a long narrow building with shops inside.  We don’t have room to buy anything large or too many items.  I got books for me and books for Shiloh and we got a few other things to take home.  It was really hot out and we were ready to get out of the heat.  Of course Bill wanted to stop at McD’s for an iced coffee.

From there we headed into Manchester, just outside of Hartsford, to return the Dell laptop we bought just over a week ago.  Bill waited in the car while I went it.  I think he thought they’d give me a hard time and he didn’t want to witness how I am under those circumstances.  First the clerk tried to talk me out of it and then he had to get a manager to sign off and he tried to talk me out of it.  He said I could not get a Windows 7 anymore and when I told him I already bought a new Toshiba with Windows 7 he was pretty surprised, but didn’t say anymore just refunded the whole thing and I was out of there.

We stopped at Sam’s for a few things, had lunch at Wendy’s and stopped at The Christmas Tree Shop on the way home.  I didn’t want to get too far from home today as we were going to dinner with Ron and Barbara since they are leaving tomorrow.  We agreed on 6 and we would pick them up. 

After relaxing a while we showered and went down to Ron and Barbara’s a little early so I could tour the new RV.  They have some nice features that I miss in my Class A, it’s a lot roomier with a big bathtub, recliners, reclining sofa, huge island and a gas stove!  But ours is much easier to set up for the night and I can run the generator to clean when its in storage, plus, this is what we have and I’ll just have to deal with it.  We didn’t leave for dinner til 6:30 to 4 G’s in Dayville.  They eat there often and we’d been there before and the food so far has been very good.  Between Barbara and Bill telling stories we had some great laughter with our new friends.


Once we got home we read and I did some blog work.

No comments:

Post a Comment