Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Two, count 'em, two days in One!

August 26 – We didn’t work until 2 today.  After breakfast Bill went to town to make a haircut appointment and a stop at Wal-Mart.  While he was gone I did a load of laundry and started on the computer and got a few days posted. 

It was really hot out today.  Poor Bill was out using the push mower.  It was hot enough inside the rec hall that we turned the AC on in the office.  I did some cleaning and printed flyers for this weekend’s events.  I helped Bill fill the ice freezer.  Didn’t even have time to read any today.  Pam was out until about 5 so we caught on “stuff” while we worked.

We had our leftovers for dinner then both got on the computers until time for Rizzoli and Isles.

August 27 – I didn’t sleep well at all last night.  Then finally got up at 7:15 and tried the couch, not much better.  So it was a slow start morning, but that was OK as we didn’t go in until 2 again today.  I spent more time on the computer between doing another load of laundry and making a batch of pickle steaks for dinner.  Bill filled the cat food container and swept up.  He does a lot of reading!

It was hotter today and Bill was hot and tired.  Ron was back to work so he had done a lot of the mowing and weed whacking.  Bill weed whacked and did some mowing.  Pam wasn’t in at all so I did 3 reservations and reviewed about 40 check-in forms for Friday that Barbara had started.  Steve emptied the coins from the laundry room and I rolled $127 of quarters for him.  Not much in the way of cleaning and straightening but that will all change come Friday.  I did crochet a little once my “work” was done.

We had our pickle steaks for dinner with gluten free orzo which was really good.  Of course there was gravy over it so I’m sure that helped some.  We ate more squash. I wish they’d invent a new vegetable!  Bill had a lot of dishes to clean up and afterwards we had raspberry jello pie.


We both did more on the computer as there was nothing on TV tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment