Saturday, August 23, 2014

Work and Shopping

August 23 – A good day to sleep in:  overcast and an early morning rain.  After breakfast we finally managed to get in the car and run our errands in the opposite direction of yesterday.  Two more of Bill’s books were waiting at the post office and I found a few of the things at Target they didn’t have last night at Wally World.  I went to Lowe’s and got a board to cut for pads for our RV.  Bill forgot to bring any and some places will require we use them when we leave here so best to get them on board.  Then a stop for a few items at the real grocery and back home.

I made a peach and berry crisp for tonight and tomorrow night and managed to get everything in the fridge.  No laundry today!  I sorted through some brochures and flyers and am pitching places we will not make it to this summer.  When we arrived it seemed like we had all the time in the world to go and do it all, now it is the last week and we still didn’t get it all done.  Oh well, there will be other years!

We worked from 3:30 to 7:30.  It was really slow.  I only had 2 reservations, no check-ins, and did have quite a lot of sales to ring up.  We planned to have our leftover Chinese for dinner and I sliced up a bowl of English cucumbers.  They are my favorites, so crunchy and crispy and no fat seeds.  Yum!  We waited until later to have the crisp and it was even yummier!


I planned out our day for tomorrow’s day off.  Hope we have good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment