Saturday, August 30, 2014

Busy day at work!

August 30 – It was our early day today so we got up at 7:45 to be at work at 9.  Only a couple of
Officer Magrey and Jax
campers didn’t arrive last night and still hadn’t by the time I left at 1.  Bill manned the Slip ‘n Slide part of the day and also a local policeman and his canine, Jax.  He really enjoyed meeting the dog.  I rang up a lot of sales and dealt with lots of kids buying ice cream and candy.

I made a quick lunch while Bill showered so we could get on the road to town.  We were aiming at the 2:35 showing of “The November Man” with Pierce Brosnan.  We made it with time to spare!  It was definitely full of action and lots of killing as to be expected.  The story line was good and kept you wondering who the bad guy was.  No good times to get up and go to the bathroom!

Bill giving Jax a treat
Bill wanted to fill the car up and run it though the car wash so we did and then stopped at Big Y, Aldi’s and Wal-mart before heading back.  After unloading our shopping I took the receipt from last night’s dinner up to talk to Barbara about it.  When I went to log it in my checkbook I reviewed the itemized bill and it appeared to me that I was over charged for my meal by $3-$4.  I texted Barbara earlier to look at hers.  Well, she was also overcharged and worse than me, she got charged extra for sweet potato fries that came with her meal.  We looked it up on the internet to make sure of the original cost of the coconut fish and it was $15 so they owed me $3 and her $4.50.  The waitress never said that there would be an extra charge for making the change from fish to chicken.  I told her I’d call as now, combined with all the issues during the meaI I felt someone at least needed to know.  I told her I’d call tomorrow and see what they said.


We ate our leftovers from last night for a late small dinner and had peach crisp with cool whip for dessert.  We watched “Hell on Wheels”, one of our summer shows and then read.

No comments:

Post a Comment