Sunday, September 6, 2015

Last day in Idaho!

September 6 – Our last day in Island Park!  The furnace ran all night and we left the water dripping in the bathroom so we didn’t have any freezing issues this morning.
 
We got up at 8 and Wendell, Elaine, Becky and Andrew picked us up at 9:30 to go breakfast at the Cowboy CafĂ© over by Earthquake Lake.  It took about 30 minutes to get there and the line was incredible.  It’s a very well known breakfast place and I guess since it was Sunday and a holiday weekend the crowd was huge.  We didn’t get seated until after 11.  Part of the problem was we were a party of six and most of the seating was for 2 or 4.  The breakfasts were huge.  I’m glad I only had the sausage gravy and biscuits as those that got the ham steak had ½ pound of ham, homemade hash browns, toast and an egg.  Bill went with sausage gravy and biscuits also.  I guess they are known for their huge cinnamon rolls so Becky ordered 2 for everyone to share.  They are about 8 inches wide and 2 inches thick.  Bill and I only had a small piece but the rest didn’t go to waste.  Three in our group had take-home containers of ham and hash browns.

Once we got back and said our good-byes as we will be gone tomorrow before they come over to the park, Bill and I got busy.  He washed the windows outside, drained the tanks and loaded the back of the car with stuff that we will be taking back to the house and it will be less stuff to unload when we get home.  He helped me dust all the wood in the RV and I did all the floors and 3 loads of laundry.  Later we went out and put my shepard hooks back on the RV ladder and the bike rack on the car and the bikes on that.  So there really won’t be much to do in the morning.  All the rugs are shaken and put way.  I didn’t get my ironing done but maybe I’ll do that once we land in Iowa at the Winnebago place. 


Before we left for breakfast this morning I put beef stew in the crockpot so I made some corn muffins to with it for dinner and now we have another night’s dinner on the road ready.  We settled in to watch some TV and I’m writing my last journal from Idaho.  Time to post it and put my desk and computer away until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment